RE: Lilypond bug "Exited with return code-1073741819" & workaround

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: RE: Lilypond bug "Exited with return code-1073741819" & workaround
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 12:52:58 +1100

Hello mclaren (do you have a name for us?)

There's a willing community here ready to help, but we expect MWE's -
minimal working examples. I think that's only fair and reasonable, and has a
long tradition on this list.

Please refer to this guideline:

http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html

Do you truly expect people to give up their time reading long pages of your
code and entire scores to help out? Generally issues can be demonstrated in
a couple of dozen lines. Also, many find that boiling problems down to their
essence results in finding the solution or error anyway.

Are you expecting human musicians to play your complex time signatures? Or
is this computer only music? With the strident bashing of lilypond in your
comments, is this the right tool for you? If you are pushing code to
extremes, one generally needs to be prepared to deal with rough conditions
and some turbulence. Please try to remember that lilypond is open source
developed by dedicated volunteers and has never claimed or attempted to be
able to set every possible conceivable piece of music in the universe. All
tools have their limitations. If you use a chisel for a screwdriver, you
will wreck the edge.

Send MWE's and you will get much more assistance, I assure you.

Andrew