Re: Skyfonts

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Skyfonts
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:50:27 +0100

On 07.11.2016 12:31, address@hidden wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, Andrew Bernard wrote:
Thank you, but no way. I am fussy about the ethics of using fonts and this
is not a viable solution, although perhaps technically possible. I’d say
that is illegal in _any_ country, at least according to the Monotype
licensing, and fair enough I say.
If you think it's unethical to use the fonts in Lilypond by extracting
them from a PDF, then why do you think it could be ethical to use them in
Lilypond by some other means?

You might even say it was unethical by the provider of the font to not provide for use in free software like LilyPond…

Best, Simon