Re: highlight music / fingering

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: highlight music / fingering
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:14:46 +0100

My own inclination would be to use it as an educational tool, and try
to mark the score in a way that a musician might, eg a hand-drawn
circle.

(Personally I prefer my *own* markings to convey some more useful
information, rather than just putting circles everywhere. I have
my own code of markings.)

I likes simple score. Enriching them with mark everywhere make them maybe more precise but less pleasant to read. These are two opposite needs that can't coexist. With an electronic version you could switch between many different score version each one highlighting some music aspect (fingering, dynamics, composer suggestion etc.). But with paper we have to choose a good compromise. In the specific case my target are young child, so I prefer to be a bit more explicit and verbose.

Ciao, g.