Re: Trolling and unacceptable behaviour on the list

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Trolling and unacceptable behaviour on the list
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 22:40:29 +0100

> "Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Matthew,
>>
>> The people making it a big deal is just me. Now having lost all
>> credibility,
>
> That's nonsense.  The problem rather appears to be that you have lost
> the fun, and that is serious.  Certainly a mclaren does not appear to be
> worth the loss of your participation but censorship is a rather
> heavyhanded solution (and rarely particularly effective as long as
> subscription is free for anybody) that we want to avoid.  In particular
> since there has been no formal warning so far.
>
>> it's time I unsubscribed and stopped contributing.
>
> I'd prefer it if you "unsubscribed" to the discussions started by and/or
> involving mclaren if you can manage that without too much of a hassle.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Hi Andrew,

I've become very sad following this thread.
Regrettable I have experienced even worse behaviour form some people
on other lists, forums, chats.

Speaking only for myself:
I did not blacklist mclaren, just ignore him:
I will not act on any of his posts, I don't care.
Even if he points out a clear lily-bug, I will not act on this, I don't care.
I will not try to fix or even test any of his problems, bugs, codes,
whatever, I don't care.
He is obviously able to do a much better job I can hope to do ever. At
least following his attitude.
Also, if he insults people, I'll not "feed the troll"
etc, etc

I suggest you do similiar.

If he is not bearable for you and you really, really leave the list
you may consider to join
http://www.lilypondforum.de/
We have a section for english speaking support there.
Spammer, trolls and the like are usually deleted very fast.
Though, impolite people are not unheard over there as well.
Ocourse a lot more people have subscribed to this list ...

All the best,
  Harm