Re: Trolling and unacceptable behaviour on the list

From: Thiago Censi
Subject: Re: Trolling and unacceptable behaviour on the list
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:28:41 -0200

Hello, Andrew.

I am new here, just jumped on the bus when it was already moving. Didn't see the problems you list yet, but I could see from the tone on this thread that you are a person that everbody likes and respects here.

This kind of behaviour is really upsetting and it happens anywhere online, unfortunately. I agree with others that the best action is to ignore, even though it is difficult when you and the ones you like are being insulted.

Hope you reconsider your decision, cause if you leave it means the trolls are winning.

Cheers!

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:

> I hope that you won't unsubscribe because of a stupid troll.
> Can't you just ignore him?
>
> I never read his emails, as soon as I see his name I delete the email. "Do
> not feed the troll" is the best answer IMO.
> Blacklisting should be the very last choice.

I have only read those messages from the anonymous troll after Andrew
complained. Until then, they lived happily in my inbox, harmless,
hidden under a thread name I was not specially interested on (namely:
multi-figure tuplets). I think it is easy to configure a filter or
just ignore him.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com