Re: Adding Openlilylib snippets

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Adding Openlilylib snippets
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 20:37:21 +0100

Hi Eric,

thank you for coming to us with this proposal.

Am 23.11.2016 um 19:29 schrieb ET de Boone:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Let me first say I love lilypond!
>
> I got into it thanks to LaTeX and musicTeX, wanting to write drumscores for
> pipebands. Luckily, quite some work was done already by Sven and a french
> guy. All I've been doing was a little bit of tweaking. My repo can be found
> at https://github.com/kastdeur/lilydrum
>
> If somebody could give me some pointers for modifying/correcting the code to
> add it to openlilylib I would gladly submit it.

I suggest you do the following:

1)
"fork" the openlilylib/snippets repository (in the Github web interface)
and make sure your local repository points to your clone

2)
Create a new branch for your code

3)
Find a suitable directory for your code

4)
Copy your code in there, look in other snippets about the header fields etc.

5)
Create one definitions.ily and one example.ly file. Including multiple
subfiles is OK.

6)
Create a Pull request.

I think this is the fastest way to actually reach a point where we can
discuss any details about updating your code.

Best wishes
Urs