Automatic lyric colouring

From: Jack Mackenzie
Subject: Automatic lyric colouring
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 01:40:57 +0000

I'm trying to put together an engraver for educational purposes, with noteheads coloured according to a particular scheme, and lyrics following this colouring.

I've used the snippet for notehead colouring successfully (http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=572), using "\override NoteHead.color = #color-notehead", but have no idea how to get the lyrics to follow the same colour scheme without changing each word individually. I took a punt but using "override LyricText.color = #color-notehead" didn't work.

Anyone got any clues to whether my idea is possible and if so how?

Thanks