Re: New LilyPond website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 10:38:32 +0100 (CET)

>> Additionally there has been *very strict* opposition to anything
>> other than statically served sites for lilypond.org in the past.
>> Not all of the reasons are bullet-proof but most are, and you will
>> not get consent for anything else.
>
> If the web site must be cast in stone, then welcome back to the
> stone age.  At least this will mootify further discussions about why
> LilyPond is not getting considered a serious competitor in the
> market.
>
> If someone offers me a web site like John did, I would embrace it
> with all arms and try to overcome the objections, instead of bluntly
> rejecting it.

IMHO you are completely missing the point.  As David K. pointed out,
it must be viewable and navigatable by blind people.  Additionally, it
must be possible to build the documentation of lilypond with `make
doc'.  If the suggested approach allows that, then everything's fine!
We then would need someone who is doing the job to set this up and
convert the old stuff to the new one.  However, this isn't a trivial
task and it probably takes a long time to get it right, so we need
someone who has a lot of endurance and stamina...

    Werner