RE: New LilyPond website

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: RE: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:57:40 +1100

Hello Johan,

Last time I looked lilypond was part of the GNU project and it is open
source software. It does not therefore participate or compete in commercial
markets and it is not intended to. So you make a point that is difficult to
understand.

If however you are discussing expanding the mindshare of lilypond in the
music publishing world, then I hardly think the cosmetic appearance of a
website is the most influential factor. That's a very shallow approach.
Surely it must be the quality and engineering of the software itself that
speaks for lilypond's virtues.

Nobody has decreed the website to be set in stone. It is however constrained
by certain considerations, such as accessibility, as is any website.

Andrew