Re: New LilyPond website

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:45:59 +0000

On 11/30/2016 1:13 PM, Noeck wrote:
> That's a pity. My summary of the opinions here is different: Some like
> the proposed changes and some do not. It is sad that the one who cries
> the loudest will win.

Without some "Director of Marketing" person to decree that *THIS* New
Design Shall Be Accepted, what other result could there be? With online
communities like this, ten different people will have twelve different
opinions. And, some of the design questions come down to matters of
taste regarding what style or look-and-feel to project.

Instead of trying for an awe-inspiring home page, a more conservative
approach is being taken here. That is, updating the site for the
technical needs of the day and simply focusing on providing the
information and resources that LilyPond users need. What else should be
happening? I'd rather have a design be "timeless" than "modern," but am
no great judge of such matters.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA