Re: Accidental in brackets

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Accidental in brackets
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:47:55 -0600

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM, David Nalesnik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:34 AM, SoundsFromSound
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> David Nalesnik wrote
>>> Haven't examined the other alternatives proposed, but here's something
>>> I just did.  It's based on a rewrite of functions in
>>> lily/accidental.cc
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> David

>>> accidental-brackets.ly (3K)
>>> &lt;http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/attachment/197640/0/accidental-brackets.ly&gt;
>>
>> Wow. David, this looks amazing. Perfect and exactly what the doctor ordered
>> - well, for what I need :) Hope it helps others too! Huge thanks for this.
>> Works like a charm.
>>
>> Ben
>>

> Thanks!
>
> On a side note, I'm becoming more and more convinced that C++ stencil
> stuff should be ported to Scheme.  It makes user modification so much
> easier.

Though, on a technical note, I'm unsure of the best way to handle the
pattern of repeatedly modifying a variable's value which the C++
source does in stencil functions.  I've tried to avoid use of set! --
instead declaring new variables in the course of a let* block.  But
maybe set! isn't so un-schemic and is better for eliminating levels of
nesting?

David