Reusing vertical space from temporary staves in a single line

From: Peter Bašista
Subject: Reusing vertical space from temporary staves in a single line
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 22:58:13 +0100

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to reuse vertical space which was
previously occupied by a temporary staff that was earlier present on
the same line. From my experiments, it does not seem to work and every
new temporary staff receives its own "bar" of vertical space.

An example is attached. My intention is to have all temporary staves
within a single line occupy the same "bar of vertical space" (I am not
sure what the appropriate term is) under the main staff. Currently,
the second temporary staff is shifted lower than the first temporary
staff.

I know it might be possible to use spacers to keep the same temporary
staff context alive during the entire line and then make empty parts
disappear by removing some engravers or by using \RemoveEmptyStaves (I
did not try any of those methods, but I am assuming it is possible).
However, that seems overly complicated to me for something as simple
as reusing existing vertical space, which is in fact left unoccupied
anyway.

Is there a better way?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards