Re: Ties across voices

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:55:39 +0100

On 2016-12-12 13:42, Urs Liska wrote:
[...]
BTW: Has this warning been disabled somewhere in the unstable
versions?
From 2.19.49, I get no complaint even for
  << { \stemDown b' } \\ a' >>
which clearly collides...

I think in this example there actually is no colliding-note-column clash
because the two note heads don't share the nite column.
This is different from visual collisions that should of course be avoided.

Hm. But does this mean that a "colliding-note-column clash" is merely a self-assertion for Lily that it properly positions the heads of a chord, or a check that applies when a user tweaks the position of a specific head? Is that really intended?

And how could I actually produce such a collision? Even { <c' c' d'> } doesn't issue a warning...

Cheers,
Alexander