Re: Snippet variations

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Snippet variations
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:11:34 -0700 (MST)

Dear Br. Samuel,

I have never worked with TeX and its relatives, so my only experience is in
plain LY files.

As you suggested, you could have the \aster command simply do nothing by
    aster = {}
You can use either of those variable definitions anywhere, newer definitions
replace older ones.

If every snippet consists of a LY file of its own, it could contain a
statement like
    \include "aster-def.ily"
If you change the contents of the latter, the change applies to all
snippets.

If the snippets themselves are to be used as include files to be called in a
"master" document, you can start this document with the aster definition of
your choice, followed by the \include statements of the snippets.
I use this method very often.

Hope to help,
Klaus