Re: lSR=197

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: lSR=197
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 23:45:34 +0000 (UTC)

David,
Thank you for showing that LSR-197 compiles fine with utf-8 characters on Debian.  I think under window 10, this should be the same.
Lilypond has no problem reading and display (output) utf-8 characters. On window 10 llilypond produces utf-8.pdf   utf-8.mid; utf-8 _header (title, subtitle, poet, composer, arranger etc) and utf-8 lyrics.  It is only LSR-197 not accepting utf-8 characters on file-utf-8.ly file name.
As mention in this subject LSR-197 on the list that  guile-v2 transition is involved.  I can wait till then.
In the meantime, I will keep using UTS-8-filename just refrain using LSR-197 to generate filename.  I am working away using hard-code variables for display as drive#/utf-8_folder/utf-8_sub-folder/utf-8_filename.ly on pdf file footer.
Thank you all for helping.
Immanuel,
Ming