Vertical spacing titles and highest staff in LilyPond version 2.18.2.

From: Mirosław Doroszewski
Subject: Vertical spacing titles and highest staff in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 19:06:15 +0100

Vertical spacing titles and highest staff in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
I have received:
"Of course they are "automatically calculated": according to the rules
set in markup-system-spacing".

1. I was testing setting markup-system-spacing before my e-mail, and
without any effect (print was unchanged).
2. I suppose that it was so because the setting was (is) in template,
not in a bottom-level document.
3. The point is: some unwanted or rather none effects become when
setting are changed in template, non in many pieces of whole project.
4. Every developers, users, customers advanced and "basic" know that
many files are put in directories.
5. When project have many files (pieces) — why do not put them in
directories thematically?
6. There was 2 times that I had to change many pieces because of
problems with software...
7. So I tell: not every settings works in template, which is common
for many pieces (files). Every settings works when are put in the same
file.
8. Conclusion is the same: lilypond has to be change to treat settings
of any template file in any directory.
9. Supposing: lilypond users are working rather with simple pieces,
i.e. a) 2 voices — not 4; b) 1 chord slur — not 4 slurs in chord made
of 4 notes; c) small project with up to 50 pages etc. So they need not
put their projects in directories.
10. That is why I have problems with my project, which has hundreds
files-pieces put in up to hundred directories.