Re: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:48:17 +0100

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> All this time and I never knew you could omit the layout-object from the
> tweak command. Thank you for pointing this out!
>
> So Alasdair, you can just say:
>
>     \tweak outside-staff-priority ##f
>     \mark \markup {\small \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"  }

That's not omitting the "layout-object".  The layout-object is the \mark
in this case.

In earlier versions of LilyPond, the Tweak_engraver lived mostly in some
bottom-level contexts, so its action was limited to items emitted in
those contexts.  It has since then been moved to Score level, so its
action is a lot more generally available and its behavior requires less
hand-waving to explain.

--
David Kastrup