Replicating chord slurs

From: Joel C. Salomon
Subject: Replicating chord slurs
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 10:32:11 -0500

Neighbors,

I’m trying to replicate the chord slurs in the attached image. This
shows the closest two versions I’ve managed (image also attached):

    \version "2.19.54"
    \language "english"

    \score {
      \relative c' {
        \time 3/4
        <cs\=1( e!\=2( g\=3^( as\=4^(>2
        <d\=1) g\=2)\=3) b\=4)>4

        <cs\=1( e!\=2( g\=4^( as\=3^(>2
        <d\=1) g\=2)\=3) b\=4)>4
      }
      \layout {}
    }

The first has the right notes slurred together, but looks bad; the
second looks less bad, but still isn’t right. Can anyone suggest another
tweak I might try here?

––Joel C. Salomon