Re: Help coding two different voices in the same bar

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Help coding two different voices in the same bar
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:36:59 -0700 (MST)

Aldo wrote
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n200088/slur.png>

> thanks!
> A.

Hello,

Welcome to LilyPond! :)

First off, the learning and notation manuals cover pretty much everything
you'll need to know about engraving beautiful music! It's a fantastic
documentation collection, I think.

What you are asking is about basic voices and that is covered here, for
example:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/explicitly-instantiating-voices

However, it's important to pay attention to the version of LilyPond you are
using.

Which are you on, 2.18 or 2.19? or something older?

Also, there are a lot of LilyPond tutorial videos here:
https://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond
These video tutorials cover a wide range of topics and is aimed at helping
beginners like yourself get up and running! (including how to notate
separate voices in measures like you are asking about).

Voice contexts can be created manually inside a << >> block to create
polyphonic music, using \voiceOne … \voiceFour to indicate the required
directions of stems, slurs, etc.

Hope this helps!

Ben

-----