OT: Frescobaldi crash on startup

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: OT: Frescobaldi crash on startup
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 20:17:22 +0100

Dear List,

this is not about Lilypond, so technically, I'm actually asking the wrong list. But I'm pretty sure there's someone who can help me here ...

I'm using Frescobaldi 2.18 on a Mac OS 10.12.3.
So far, never had any problems. But now, completely out of the blue, Frescobald won't start up anymore. It instantly crashes with an "Frescobaldi Error" which isn't specified any further.
I tried a different Frescobald version (2.19), but same story.

Now, I'd like to ditch the preferences - basically make it start up clean as if for the first time. But I don't know where those are kept.

Has anyone had the same issue once? And can anyone tell me where I can find the preference files ... or make a clean start some other way?

Any help appreciated!
Tia,

Robert