Re: 2.19.* breaks lyric placement in temporary polyphonic context

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: 2.19.* breaks lyric placement in temporary polyphonic context
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:51:12 -0500

Hi Guy,

> Why is this now necessary? Is it a case of assumptions about voices changing
> in the newer 2.19 LP?

I can’t remember exactly when or why it became necessary… I only remember
getting bitten by it (which is why I know the fix!).
Perhaps others (e.g., David Kastrup) can clarify when and why this improvement
happened?

> Once I update to 2.19, every existing score I have that uses the temporary
> polyphonic context will have to be edited to add this; not a trivial task.

Indeed.  =\
(I’ve been using a score-by-score process, only updating as necessary.)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info