Re: Start new score without line break

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Start new score without line break
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 15:21:34 -0700 (MST)

Hi, Simon!

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Simon Albrecht-2 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 22.02.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
> I would still like to be able to start a new score with no break, for
> example in books of say, harpsichord music with lots of small, short
> movements, where the systems would be the same proportions but the
> piece is new.

There are other conceivable use cases, e.g. the attached one, or other
cases with a very short recitativo in between larger scored movements.
But they are exceedingly rare.
Also, a proper solution would certainly require the C++ page layout
algorithms to optionally not make a line break between scores (the input
syntax could theoretically be as simple as
\score { c } \noBreak \score { d }
). I like that idea, but allow me to say that this is probably never
going to be possible (in any music notation software)…

Actually, it's already quite easy to do in at least two GUI apps: PriMus and Dorico.

Best,
Abraham