Re: merging different voices

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: merging different voices
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 01:09:37 -0500

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Federico Camara Halac
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> This is my first post here and I’m fairly new to Lilypond, but I need some
> help. I am using Lilypond to compose, and I need to merge 4 scores into one.
> All four scores have the same 6 instruments and time signature (4/4), and all
> rhythms fall into the same grid of 16th notes.
>
> What I imagine by ‘merging’ is something like superimposing pixels (multiply,
> add, substract, divide) but applying this to the 16th-note ‘pixel’.

Just to echo what Urs wrote, it is unclear what exactly you want. Can
you provide a small snippet of code
(http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html) or a (small size) image or
anything else to maybe illustrate what you want?

If you really want to do this arithmetic-y stuff (btw, about that: do
you mean multiply, add, etc. the *pitches* only, or the
rhythms/dynamics too, or something else?), I am guessing that would
require quite a hefty procedure, though it certainly is possible (also
already said by Urs).

I wonder if you mean that you want to get the average or median pitch
for each *grid* cell. Or maybe you have a specific algorithm in mind?