Re: Parallel Square Premusic

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Parallel Square Premusic
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:49:16 +0100 (CET)

>> I'm very certain that Parallel Squares will revolutionize the field
>> of music notation.  There simply has never been anything like it.
>
> But there have been statements like that for every discipline of
> science and arts a billion times over.  It's almost a telltale sign
> where they lead when you just need someone else to figure out the
> unimportant details and do all the work.

Regarding science, there's the famous quote from Isaac Asimov:

  The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
  new discoveries, is not `Eureka!' but `That's funny...'

I can apply this saying to music: progress in notation usually derives
from an urgent need or necessity – so what does your notation that
other systems cannot do at all, or cannot do adequately or in a
convenient manner?

    Werner