RE: Re: Parallel Square Premusic

From: have
Subject: RE: Re: Parallel Square Premusic
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:39:24 -0700

You want whitespace in your parallel squares?

Don't you think that's akin to demanding a hexadecimal file include space in between each digit? Wouldn't it be smarter to delegate the spacing task to programs optimized for a square environment, as hex editors are optimized for a hexadecimal environment, yet leave the output file alone? You're essentially asking me to multiply the filesize by 3/2 so that you can entertain this notion that G5G5G5 is somehow more difficult to register as a series of letter note names followed by their octave number in scientific pitch than is G5 G5 G5. There will never be a letter in the second column or a number in the first. Why is this so complicated?

Please tell me what you want to encode so I can tell you how the immensely powerful Parallel Squares' format can do it. Like everyone else who's tried to break it. "Semantics" isn't enough.