lilybin php script (was: Re: (fwd))

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: lilybin php script (was: Re: (fwd))
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 09:56:01 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017, Sven Axelsson wrote:
 You can already do that. just use lilybin -d with a .midi extension
 instead of pdf.

Yes, I had understood that, but I still have to do it manually. It would not work with the new -a option:

        lilybin -a infile.ly outfile.midi

will result in a PDF file with the wrong filename extension *.midi

But don't worry. I will learn myself a little PHP and will try to improve such details as a personal learning experience :-)

I have added an -m option to specify midi file output to the script.
After this little modification of Sven Axelson's php script, I am now able to do:

lilybin infile.ly
---> process infile.ly without downloading from Lilybin server, returns an ID
for download

lilybin -d ID.pdf
lilybin -d ID.midi
---> download results from Lilybin server

lilybin -a infile.ly outfile.pdf
---> upload infile.ly and save as outfile.pdf

lilybin -a -m infile.ly outfile.mid
---> upload infile.ly and save as outfile.mid

My main goal was to be able to find a way to work with lilypond files on my Android tablet: I have installed termux ( https://termux.com/ ) which allows me to install and run python, php, vim (or emacs) and other unixtools in a terminal. I have also pip-installed python-ly and have copied the lilypond syntax highlighting files for vim to my termux installation. Termux also has commands to call a PDF viewer or music player from my Android device to view and hear my lilypond scores. All this together is enough for me to work on lilypond scores. It's not as convenient as Frescobaldi on my Linux and Windows computers, but good enough for my purpose :-)

Thank you all, especially Sven.

--

Martin