Re: Combining \tag with \quoteDuring does not work

From: caagr98
Subject: Re: Combining \tag with \quoteDuring does not work
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:45:30 +0200

On 03/27/17 19:26, Kaj Persson wrote:
I thought, that tags always change the source, but obviously I was wrong.

Tags don't actually do anything; they just add a new property to the tagged music expression. \{remove,with}WithTag then recurses through the music expression and removes everything that has(n't) the correct tag.

If you use variables, then that literally inserts the variable's content into the music expression. However, if you use \quoteDuring, that inserts a QuoteMusic, which is an instruction to insert a quote with a specific name and duration. (This has the advantage of being able to reference quotes that aren't defined until later.) Since the QuoteMusic doesn't actually contain the referenced music expression, \{remove,keep}WithTag can't recurse into it.