Re: Style questions

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Style questions
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:50:46 -0500

Oh, my! This is brilliant! I write mostly choral music and this will be invaluable! Much thanks.

Guy

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Dmytro O. Redchuk <address@hidden> wrote:
Regarding the first question: Lilypond can merge rests "automagically"
--- http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336 --- but it may depend on
local rules.

Having abovementioned LSR snippet: here in Ukraine quarter rests in
the first measure should be merged, but in the second one upper voice
hsould be notated as r4 r e g and two quarter rests should not be
merged.

> Hello folks,
>
> Two questions about the display style for Recordare's Binchois20.xml file:
>
> - should there be only one set of quarter rests under (CT.) in the lower
> staff, and if so, how can that be done (i.e. to « mask » a rest in a voice
> if there’s already one at the same point in another voice in the same
> staff)? Finale does so;
>
> - would it be better to swap voices for the f and a quarter notes in the
> last measure (Finale does so too). I’m no keyboard player unfortunately, and
> I guess that players don’t take voices numbers into account as we do when
> using Lilypond or other scoring software.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> JM

  Dmytro O. Redchuk