Re: Converting a large project from 2.18 to 2.19: what to expect?

From: Shevek
Subject: Re: Converting a large project from 2.18 to 2.19: what to expect?
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 00:15:14 -0700 (MST)

It appears that the glissando slope and the cross-staff dynamics bugs would
be relevant to my project. If I'm reading correctly, the glissando slopes
issue is already present in 2.18, so that behavior wouldn't change in 2.19
as it's not yet fixed (a good thing for me, since I'm pretty sure I used a
workaround for this issue in my score). The cross staff issue would be new
from 2.18, however. Is that correct?

I've certainly read the change documentation; I was hoping for some deeper
feedback on likely trouble spots with compatibility or changed graphical
behavior. For instance, the uniform-stretching spacing issue is discussed on
Lilypondblog as being fixed in 2.19, but that isn't mentioned in the change
documentation as far as I recall. If there are other significant changes in
graphical output, it would be helpful for me to know specifically what to
look for to see if it has messed anything up. It's pretty much impossible to
efficiently proofread a 100-page orchestral score for subtle graphical
issues without knowing in advance what to look for in terms of likely
trouble spots.

In terms of Scheme changes, how does this affect compatibility with snippets
written on 2.16 or 2.18?

Thanks again for your help.