\magnifyMusic omits unison notes in \partcombine?

From: Karlin High
Subject: \magnifyMusic omits unison notes in \partcombine?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:29:57 +0000

A songwriter looked at my LilyPond job and asked, "Can you make the note
heads bigger in proportion to everything else?" Yes, thanks to
\magnifyMusic, I thought. It's a SATB hymn, I'm using \partcombine, and
apparently \magnifyMusic doesn't pick up the unison notes the way I'm
writing it. Minimal example below. Magnify is at 1.2 here for effect;
I'm using 1.1 in practice.

% BEGIN LILYPOND CODE
\version "2.19.59"
one = { a'2 f' }
two = { f'2 f' }
\partcombine #'(2 . 9) \magnifyMusic 1.2 { \one } \magnifyMusic 1.2 { \two }
% END LILYPOND CODE

I've found I need to put \magnifyMusic inside \partcombine, because it
seems to have no effect the other way around. Any ideas for how I could
get \magnifyMusic to catch the unison notes?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA