Re: 3 Voices one staff

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: 3 Voices one staff
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 18:38:18 +0200

Am 04.05.2017 um 18:13 schrieb Johannes Roeßler:
With the direction of the stems indicating the hand

I think in order to really judge it one needs more context. From what time is the music, are you in touch with the composer, what kind of editorial policies are imposed, … ? If it were 18th century music, the voice notation and stem direction would certainly not indicate hand distribution and turning the lower two voices into chords of one voice would be a sensible editorial decision (if I played it I’d probably distribute hands like that).

Best, Simon