Dotted lyric extenders

From: pmtanx
Subject: Dotted lyric extenders
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 17:58:48 -0700 (MST)

Hello! I am a relatively new Lilypond user and have been greatly enjoying the
program. I would appreciate the capability of creating dotted rather than
solid lyric extender lines, and am wondering whether this is possible (and
how to place a feature request if it is not). Looking through past posts, I
see that other users have made the same request, once in 2011 and again in
2014 (links below). If it would help, I can provide several examples of
published works (especially hymnals) using dotted lyric extender lines. For
example, the image below is from the 1940 hymnal of the Episcopal Church.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Philip
Charlottesville, VA

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Extender-style-td33333.html