Re: how to get markup formatting to survive a font-name change

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: how to get markup formatting to survive a font-name change
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 22:41:46 +0200

On 20 April 2017 at 05:42, Abraham Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oh, boy. My phone's auto-correct... That should read "Pango".
>
> Anyway, I realized I didn't give you a very complete (or correct) solution. So, let's try again. The \paper block should look like this (and this should be below any #(set-global-staff-size ...) because that resets the "fonts" variable and you need to add to it):
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \paper {
>   #(add-pango-fonts fonts 'minion "Minion Pro" (/ staff-height pt 20))
>   bookTitleMarkup = ##f
>   scoreTitleMarkup = \markup {
>     \override #'(font-family . 'minion)
>     \fromproperty #'header:title
>   }
> }
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> Now, the font choice should propagate through to the \italic command.

Ooh, this is so nice!

I often encounter this problem that
  \override #'(font-name . "My font") \italic
does not produce the italic variant version of my font but
  \override #'(font-name . "My font Italic")
works!!!

I will try your "proper way" to add a font and all its variants!!
Could you add this to the documentation, NR 1.8.3 Fonts ?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>