Re: repeat percent footnote

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: repeat percent footnote
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 10:57:27 +0200

> Need again some help about footnote and repeat. Have a look to this example:
>
> \version "2.19.60"
> {
>   \repeat percent 2 {c'8 d' e' f' \footnote #'(1 . 5) "This is a note on
> percent" RepeatSlash }
>   \repeat percent 2 {c'4 d' e' f' \footnote #'(1 . 5) "This also"
> PercentRepeat}
> }
>
> It works only for the first footnote. Where is my mistake?
> Thank you, g.

Not exactly sure why it not works, though "Known issues and warnings"
of NR 3.2.4 Creating footnotes reads:
"Footnotes cannot be attached to MultiMeasureRests or automatic beams
or lyrics."
PercentRepeat is supported by the multi-measure-rest-interface, it's
stencil is the procedure 'ly:multi-measure-rest::percent'

So my guess is that PercentRepeat is regarded by LilyPond as a special
MultiMeasureRest, with the same limitations.

Sorry, to be of not more help,
  Harm