Export to ?????

From: Don Gingrich
Subject: Export to ?????
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 17:45:15 +1000

I've been looking and looking and I cannot
find any useful references to export file
formats from LilyPond.

Now, I will agree that LilyPond's PDF output
is very good looking and is actually my preferred
sheet music, But the sad reality it that there are
people who do exist who use tools other than
LilyPond, and that occasionally it becomes
necessary to exchange files with these poor
benighted souls. ;-)

Is there any export available from the .ly format?

If not, then I suggest that this is a "lock-in" similar
to that of some of the M$ programs. And some
reasonable export that preserves a substantial
portion of the information might be useful.

My personal needs are simple -- ABC format
would probably be enough for me.

Thanks,

-Don
--