Frenched score and instrumentName.

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Frenched score and instrumentName.
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 20:04:47 -0400

Greetings all,

I am working on an orchestral score in which not all instruments begin
together; hence, I would like to produce a Frenched score. Is there a
way to redefine instrumentName such that, in combination with
\RemoveAllEmptyStaves, the full name is printed when the part actually
appears in the score? Currently, instrumentName seems only to print at
the first system, so if there is no music in a particular part, the
long instrument name never appears. I would be grateful for any
advice.

Hwaen Ch'uqi