Re: quoteDuring with lyrics

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: quoteDuring with lyrics
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 11:43:43 -0400

Hi Phil,

> I wonder whether it's down to Lily changing the voice during some quoted
> passages?

Good guess… but I'm not [explicitly] using anything but single voices in this
passage.

I've included, below, a M(?)WE which fails in a slightly different way than my
"real-world" score. The particular way this snippet fails suggests [to me] that
the \skip construct I'm using as the second parameter of \quoteDuring isn't
playing nicely; that could also explain the (slightly different) failure in my
"real-world" score. If this *is* the problem, it sort of makes sense… but I
can't figure out another way to indicate the duration(s) I want quoted.

Cheers,
Kieren.

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.60"

sop = {
  a'4 4 4 4 \break
  a'4 4 2 \break
  a'4 4 4 4
}
\addQuote #"sop" \sop

sopL = \lyricmode {
  These are quoted words.
  These are not.
  Quote these a -- gain.
}
\addQuote #"sopL" \sopL

alto = {
  \quoteDuring #"sop" s1
  f'4 4 2
  \quoteDuring #"sop" s1
}

altoL = \lyricmode {
  \quoteDuring #"sopL" \repeat unfold 4 { \skip 8 }
  Not these ones.
  \quoteDuring #"sopL" \repeat unfold 4 { \skip 8 }
}

<<
  \new Staff \new Voice = "s" \sop
  \addlyrics \sopL