Re: quoteDuring with lyrics

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: quoteDuring with lyrics
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 10:18:23 -0400

Hi Vaughan,

> If you want to use variables for unison, perhaps try something like this:
> unisonBarsTwoToThree = { a'4 c'' a'2 b'1 }
> sop = { a'2 e''8 d'' c'' b' \unisonBarsTwoToThree }
> bass = { a2 gis \transpose c' c \unisonBarsTwoToThree }
> With careful labelling it should probably be fine.

This works, of course… but it's not user-friendly, and that's one of the key
intentions I have for this method/framework. Fortunately, the quoting mechanism
works really well for the pitch side of things [with only one exception, which
I'm working on right now], so I'll stick with that.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info