Re: lilypondblog.org: A Simple Trick to Help all Musicians

From: mskala
Subject: Re: lilypondblog.org: A Simple Trick to Help all Musicians
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:31:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Urs Liska wrote:
> Do you think you can come up with a topic that actually relates to music
> notation and still allows you to introduce your article? As it is I'm not

I would advise caution here.  It sounds to me like the person didn't know
she was writing to a mailing list, and not even having done that much
homework about whom she was contacting suggests her interest is primarily
in advertising her own thing, not in anything that would align with our
interests.  I regularly get solicitations from people offering to "help"
me with "free content" for my own Web site when it's clear they have no
idea what my Web site is about and they just want access to my audience
for their own message.  When I'm feeling very generous I tell them how
much I charge for advertising, and then I never hear from them again.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.