RE: vertical spacer in figured bass

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: vertical spacer in figured bass
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:24:26 -0700

N. Andrew

Under

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/figured-bass

scroll down to “continuation lines.”

Mark

From: lilypond-user [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of N. Andrew Walsh
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 10:57 AM
To: lilypond-user <address@hidden>
Subject: vertical spacer in figured bass

Hi List,

I can't seem to find how to do what I imagined would be a fairly simple thing to code. I have a figured bass sequence that looks like this in the original:

2

It's fairly obvious from the layout that the 4 goes to a major 3rd, the 7 goes to an octave, and the 2 drops out. But doing this requires some sort of vertical spacer that I'm not sure how to code. When I write the following (pseudo-code):

< 4 2 7 > < _+ _ 8 >

the underscore in the middle of the second figure is ignored.

So in the abstract: is there some way to insert an extra line into a figured bass figure, so that the numbers align with those of the previous sign?