Re: old f-clef

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: old f-clef
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:48:52 -0500

On Jun 29, 2017, at 9:33 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Stan Sanderson <address@hidden> writes:

On Jun 28, 2017, at 8:53 PM, Stanton Sanderson <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 28, 2017, at 8:48 PM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Stan,

See LSR:

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=900

Andrew

Andrew,

I should have known to check the LSR but failed to do so.

Now that I’ve had time to try it, the snippet doesn’t compile (with
2.19.63) as is, and I’m still wondering
what I’m doing.

Error message:

Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical
objects.../home/gub/NewGub/gub/target/darwin-x86/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-release-unstable/lily/grob-property.cc:242:
failed assertion `scm_is_null (value) || scm_is_eq (value, marker)'
Exited with exit status 1.

The LSR sample is broken since instead of _returning_ a proper stencil
from the grob callback, it _overrides_ the grob callback with the
stencil.  This confuses LilyPond's internals enough that it will abort.

Basically you need to replace

 (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'stencil)
     [whatever] )

with just
     [whatever]

whenever it occurs in the callback.  Be sure to remove one closing paren
after [whatever] in order to maintain matched parens.

--
David Kastrup

Thank you David (for the solution), Pierre (for the LSR update) and Andrew (for the suggestion).
Stan