Re: measure numbers with letters

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: measure numbers with letters
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 13:40:01 -0700

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 10:25:52PM +0200, Noeck wrote:
> Well, you would need an alternative for the letters to show up:
>
>   \repeat volta 2 { c }
>   \alternative { { c } { c } }

Thank you.

Unfortunately I was not expecting to use alternatives.

I often fix music for Broadway shows where bar numbers are often added and
numbered like 54, 54A, 54B, etc.

If the
  \set Score.alternativeNumberingStyle = #'numbers-with-letters
worked any time I would be very happy.

My next choice would be very awkward which would be to be able modify the
bar number text.

Thank you again,

Paul