Re: lilypond.lang (was Re: Lilypond GtkSourceView language definition)

From: Jean-Philippe Combe
Subject: Re: lilypond.lang (was Re: Lilypond GtkSourceView language definition)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 18:32:02 +0000

Hi Richard,

I used to try Denemo in the past but long time ago so my answer may not be that much accurate.

From your error message, it seems that you put my lilypond.lang in denemo directory.
Language file describing the keyword, comment... have to be in gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs, either in your .local/share or in /usr/share.
The directory you put the language file ($(PREFIX)/share/denemo/) is most likely the place for denemo other kind of file but not language-specs file :-)

Place the file in $HOME/.local/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs and try if you get lilypond coloring in gedit for example.
If it works (which should be the case), try in denemo.
If it works in gedit and not in denemo... Then the issue is denemo related.

I hope this help.
Regards

JipE

Le dim. 20 août 2017 à 17:49, Richard Shann <address@hidden> a écrit :
On Sat, 2017-08-19 at 13:10 +0000, Jean-Philippe Combe wrote:
> All,
>

> After searching for a while it seems that there is no GtkSourceView
> definition for Lylipong.
> As a consequence, I start to create a new one by myself.
>

> It supports comments, include, strings and keywords (based on the
> latest Lylipond 2.19 command list)...
>

> More informations are on my blog post as well as the file.
> https://www.aixin.fr/jipeblog/?p=71

Jean-Philippe -

I was very interested to see that you have created a GtkSourceView
definition for LilyPond as the Denemo front end also uses GtkSourceView
for its LilyPond window. So I tried to load your language definition
from a location in the Denemo package. I got the following type of
error:

GtkSourceView - WARNING : in file $(PREFIX)/share/denemo/lilypond.lang:
style 'def:comment' not defined
GtkSourceView - WARNING : Failed to load
'$(PREFIX)/share/denemo/lilypond.lang': unable to resolve language 'def'

I wonder if you might have some idea what the problem might be here?

Richard

--

Jean-philippe Combe