Re: Jianpu Notation

From: David Zhang
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 13:01:31 +0800

Hi all!

I have created a github resp. and uploaded our previous code to https://github.com/nybbs2003/lilypond-Jianpu . And we can resume the development and make further discussion on github.

David Zhang

在 2017年8月24日,上午11:18,MING TSANG <address@hidden> 写道:

From:Paul Morris
Date:Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:36:28 -0400

There has no activities since April 30/2015 - two year past.
I hope Paul Morris and David Zhang can re-start the development of Jianpu.
Thank you.
Ming.

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 9:10 AM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> David & Paul:
> I created jianpu-test_1.ly for testing jianpu9.ly
> The result is self explaining.

Thanks Ming, this is helpful.

> There is a difference in coding c''8 8 vs c''8 c’'

Ah, it seems that in c’’8 8 the 8 does not have a pitch property when it is
received by the jianpuMusic function:

\displayMusic shows that c’’8 becomes:

(make-music
'NoteEvent
'duration
(ly:make-duration 3)
'pitch
(ly:make-pitch 1 0))

…and then 8 becomes

(make-music
'NoteEvent
'duration
(ly:make-duration 3))

with no pitch property.  So I’ll need to handle these pitch-less note events.

> Lyric treat -  0  as notes

Yes, this I knew about, but I don’t know what the solution might be.  The - and
0 are notes with modified stencils, which gives us good spacing and lets 0s
have beams.  But that breaks how the lyrics align with the notes, and I can’t
think of an automatic way to adjust the lyric durations so that, for example, a
syllable that originally aligned with a whole note now aligns with four quarter
notes.

So currently you have to do this by hand by adjusting the durations of lyrics
or adding skips, etc.  You could use tags, skips, and removeWithTag to have one
set of lyrics that works with either standard notation or jianpu.

-Paul