Re: Ambitus with shape notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Ambitus with shape notes
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:12:15 +0200

Lukas-Fabian Moser <address@hidden> writes:

>> > \version "2.19.44"
>> >
>> > #(define (nth n l)
>> >   (if (or (> n (length l)) (< n 0))
>> >     (error "Index out of bounds.")
>> >     (if (eq? n 0)
>> >       (car l)
>> >       (nth (- n 1) (cdr l)))))
>>
>> Seriously?
>>
>> #(define (nth n l) (list-ref l n))
>>

> Of course not - being absolutely foreign to scheme, I searched the web
> for a solution of the problem "get n-th element of list",

There is your mistake.  The first place to search should be the Guile
manual.  The second place the pertinent Scheme standard (incidentally
being delivered as part of Guile, too).

The "web" is organized by page rank, resulting in the blind leading the
clueless.

The Guile manual might not be consistently great, but it tends to beat a
random search.

--
David Kastrup