Kneed beams in single staff polyphony

From: mari+lilypond
Subject: Kneed beams in single staff polyphony
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 23:49:16 +0200

Hi,

the following example shows three bars with should all show the eighth
notes as in bar 1 with kneed beams. But I could not get it working in
single staff polyphony environment (bar 2 and 3), neither automatically
nor manually. Can someone give me a hint please what to do.

Thanks,
Mari

\version "2.19.65"

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
}

notes = {
  c8 \change Staff="right" c'' \change Staff="left" c,, \change
Staff="right" c'' \change Staff="left" c,,2
}

right = \relative c'' {
  \global
  s1 s1 s1