Laisser vibrer over silent bar

From: ptoye
Subject: Laisser vibrer over silent bar
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 03:57:31 -0700 (MST)

I'm trying to engrave a piece whose penultimate bar has a l.v. note at the
end, and a slur which extends over the last, otherwise silent, bar. I can't
see any way of getting LP to extend the slur - it finishes at the end of its
bar. I've got round it by putting invisible notes in the last bar and
slurring over them, but this puts the beginning of the slur above the
articulation mark rather than attached to the note. (I don't understand how
the composer wants l.v. with a staccato, but that's what he wrote!)

Anyone got any ideas how to get what I want?

\version "2.19.52"

\language "english"

\score
{
 {
   \hide NoteHead \hide Stem \hide Accidental gs'' gs'' gs'' gs'')\! \bar
"|."

Regards,

Peter