Re: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond

From: Ken Williams
Subject: Re: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 14:29:19 -0500

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> On 16.10.2017 18:01, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Chris Yate<address@hidden>  writes:
>>
>>> Many choral basses can't read treble clef, and tenors might sing the wrong
>>> pitch, as they're used to reading octave treble...
>> Tenors (and basses) are supposed to be singing one octave lower in
>> "unisono" passages.
>
> That’s why the OP clarified that he meant “true unison, not octaves”.

Oh.  That's going to be a puzzler for all men, I guess.  Quite unusual.

That's a question for the composer, not the engraver.  And it is legitimate for a composer to request unison.

Really hoping that LilyPond will be a suitable platform for experimenting with stuff like this, I'm a well-experienced programmer and musician, but pretty new to LilyPond.

 -Ken