Re: Markup + fermataMarkup over a note?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Markup + fermataMarkup over a note?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:20:47 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Harkins" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 5:17 AM
Subject: Markup + fermataMarkup over a note?

Hi all,

In an unmetered section, the soloist has some longish rests that I would like to notate this way, e.g.:

9-10"
fermata
full-bar rest (within the staff)

I know how to do the duration as a markup, and I know how to do \fermataMarkup, but I don't know how to combine them and center them.

I saw a mailing list post from 2008(!) saying that \fermataMarkup can go into a \markup{}, but either that post was mistaken, or the usage might have been valid in 2.10 but not anymore in 2.18.

I also looked for the \musicglyph identifier for a fermata, but this seems not to be documented in the Notation Reference's page on the Feta font. (Searching the page text for "fermata" failed.)

Thanks,
hjh

The documentation for \mark includes this example, which may be helpful:

c1 \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }

--
Phil Holmes