Re: "Text spanner"-ish thing with text in the middle

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: "Text spanner"-ish thing with text in the middle
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 22:55:49 -0700

On 2017-10-27 21:37, James Harkins wrote:
I couldn't find this quickly: for an unmetered section, I'd like to
indicate duration by tuplet-style brackets, only not a tuplet (no
change to note durations) and with arbitrary text markup in the
middle, e.g. if a tuplet goes

:----- 3 -----:

I'd like

TextSpanner seems to assume text at the beginning or end, but not the middle.

hi james,

you can hijack an ordinary tuplet by setting the duration ratio to 1/1 and modifying the text:

{
  \once \override TupletNumber.text = \markup \normal-text { "10\"" }
  \tuplet 1/1 {
    c'4 c'4 c'4 c'4

(sorry for the double message, forgot to hit "reply all" on the first one it seems)

nathan